Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sembreak

We will be going to Naga tomorrow to visit Weng's grandmother. It will be my first trip to the heart of Bicol since Holy Week. My excitement of seeing the place once again is somewhat tempered by the reason why we are going there in the first place. I will be try to have my fill of Bicol Express (the likes of which I guarantee you cannot find anywhere in Manila) and toasted siopao, before Sunday evening.

I will be coming from my final, final exam tomorrow. That concludes part one of what is set to be a 10-part marathon of persistence and endurance. I am rather proud of having survived the past five months. I guess the experience really was all they made it out to be. It was something that I wanted to do for the past 10 years or so. Earlier today, I was on my way to Malcolm to pass a final paper cum exam, and this MD on AM radio was saying that loving what you are doing will give you the energy that you need, more than anything else. Or something to that effect. That partly explains why work sucks.

I will be back on Monday. For the first time since June, I will be sleeping early on Friday night. And the day after that. And after that.

Keep on passing the open windows. Amen.