Forget mo na ang problema
Pa-dance dance, para sumigla
Rock 'n' roll hanggang umaga
- Sampaguita, Bonggahan
- The White Sox reached the World Series for the first time since 1959. The last time they won it, was in 1917. If you think that's pathetic, remember that the last time the Cubs won it all was 1908. So, to all the NU fans out there (yes, all two of you) do not despair.
- The Astros appear ready to close out the Cards. Which should be good. As a Cub fan, I just don't know how I can handle a ChiSox-Cards series.
- The Irish (No. 9, AP) almost pulled it off against the Trojans last Saturday. Almost. The good news is, they did not fall off the rankings. The better news is that they are poised to go 9-2, and enter the BCS sweepstakes for the first time since 2000. The highest-ranked team left on the schedule is No. 17 Tennessee, and four of their five remaining games are at home.
- If you are having a hard time explaining the birds and the bees to your kids, try using Philippine jurisprudence. According to our Supreme Court, female virtue is the "citadel of passion", and sex is equivalent to a "bombardment of the drawbridge" or a "shelling of the castle of orgasmic potency." For reference, see People v. Campuhan, GR No. 129433, March 30, 2000.
- Overheard: "Kapatid ng sinungaling ang magnanakaw, therefore, GMA's marriage to Mike is null and void ab initio."