Friday, December 29, 2006

Boom Tarat Tarat

Suddenly, I'm the sickest person on the planet.

With the total absence of anything resembling free time outside of the two-week Christmas break, I decided to make a trek to the friendly neighborhood doctors to finally get around the consultations I should have done oh so long ago.

In a nutshell, I now know the smell of burning skin. Yep. You get to inhale the smoke and all. But, it's really not that pleasing. That's probably why nobody is into smoking dead skin.

I also got to acquaint myself with some of the prescription drugs that I have been trying, and failing, to have "reimbursed" by my employer for years. In a rather sick twist of fate, I can safely guess that I won't have any problems having these expenses reimbursed this time.

Speaking of free time, Weng got me a copy of NBA Live 07. You have to know that this franchise is the only reason why a Sony Playstation2 is sitting in our room (and of course the Playstation, before that). I had copies of NBA Live 98, 2000, 2003, 2005, 06 and now, 07. It's simply the best game out there, ever. Things have certainly gotten better since I spent free time at Cervini beating the crap out of Roger in bball, but that's another story.

The good old CS faculty in Bagumbayan is now preparing for their second season of NBA Live (PC). Leave it to the CS faculty to come up with such ideas. We once spent days (in between classes, of course) and nights at the office shooting the brains out of terrorists and counter-terrorists. Somebody got bored and decided to rescue naked female hostages, instead. I have no idea how good they are now in NBA Live, but when I left three years ago, only Joshua has managed to give me a good game, and to actually have a chance to beat me, in any given day.

* * *

Huwag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan.

I will be off to Bicolandia this weekend to spend New Year's Day with the in-laws. And as I'm writing this, I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to bring my PS2 controller with me to Naga. Paksyet.

Happy New Year y'all.