Thursday, August 24, 2006

Help Needed

Joshua has started a mini-campaign (I really don't know what to call it) to bring attention to Jones' condition. Jones, one of the finest people I have ever had the opportunity of knowing, currently suffers from some debilitating disease, which, as far as I know, still cannot be identified by his doctors. The news has quickly spread to Jones' former students, fellow alumni, and classmates.

I suggested to Joshua that he seek the help of the University and its Alumni Affairs Office - which I thought should not be waiting for such appeal in the first place - given the fact that Jones is both an alumnus (HS and College) and a member of its faculty. The resources at the University's disposal would be a substantial shot in the arm not only in information dissemination and fund-raising, but perhaps more importantly, in arm-wringing. While there is nothing, as of yet, in the University's website regarding Jones' plight, I would give it the benefit of the doubt. It's hard to be pissed off when you're eight hours away by land.

If you're from Naga, or if you know someone from Naga, kindly pass the note. And say a prayer for Jones, while you're at it.